Friday, December 4, 2009
#2 & #3 done too!
Just finished up 2 more...again made a few changes from Tim's...
1. I didn't have the large Frame stamp that he used so I just used the large flourish that has a oval frame in the middle with the antique linen embossing powder. It made the tag pretty busy.
2. To counter the faintness of the 'Seasons Greetings' I crystal laquered the letters and made them shiny as black archival ink tends to be a nice black but very matte finish.
3. The rose wasn't that difficult to do - he really breaks it down into baby steps. However people who have problems with their hands will find this technique hard because you need to create controlled pressure to roll the petals backwards with the pliers. Belle Notte- if you have a choice between pliers that have ridges (ie the one you would purchase in a hardware store) and a pair of smooth round pliers that you use when beading - go for the smooth. The hardware store brand left marks on my flowers that I would have preferred not be there.
4. You can buff too much off the corners. I went right down to the silver from the gold finish. OOops.
Had fun with the alcohol inks! Was wondering when he would bring them out!
1. I used his ruler to keep my passes with the applicator tool straight. This worked ridiculously well and since the alcohol ink dries so quickly on the paper I didn't have to wait at all between passes - much. I did pick up a little bit of ink on my ruler that I later tried to remove with Blending solution - which worked too well since I started to notice I was removing even the grid lines from the ruler! ACK! So be careful with the blending solution around the Tim Ruler!
1.a. The technique with the alcohol ink took me a few times of doing to get a look I like. If you buy a sheet of 12 x 12 Glossy Paper, cut it up into 3" x 6" pieces and have fun playing!
2. I used snaps in the corners as opposed to the washer and fasteners he used. I like my way better!
3. Had to steal a jump ring from a large swivel clasp as my order of jump rings aren't in until next week to attach the philosophy tag to the trinket pin. When my order comes in I'll replace it...if I remember...
As for Tag #4 - what the heck...!??!
I have just placed an order for the Cut'N'Dry Felt, Memory Glass and Memory Frames that I don't have in stock atm. I do have all of the Reinkers for the Distress Inks - just got them in today.
Anyways - I'll be prepping the tag part tomorrow for Tag #4 so when I do get my 'Tim-bits' in, I'll be able to finish it pretty quickly. Good thing I didn't commit to doing one tag per day! =)
Have an awesome weekend! Hope to see you anytime on Sat Dec 5 - we are having an all day, 12 hour potlock crop! It's going to be fun!