Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

"Play" Update

Well, February is almost over - Yay! It is said that resolutions made in the New Year are often abandoned by this point but I think my resolution to 'Play' has held pretty firm so far.

Art Journaling - I am still figuring this out but having lots of fun doing so. I am participating in an Art Journal exchange and the challenge of doing 'just art' with 'no rules' in a Moleskine 3x5 journal is really pushing my creative boundaries.
I have completed one double page LO in S's Journal, and now I have M's and R's to play with and complete prior to K's return. (the full names of the participants have been witheld to protect the innocent=) I will take pictures of my work and post them later as I don't want to spoil the suprise for any of the ladies involved. =)

2 PG LO Series based on the SCT 2011 Calendar - February!
I did get this done last week and I really love how it came together! By now most know that Emma has a very unique smile and so of course is the focal point of this particular Layout.







I used the 'Little Girl' line from Echo Park and for all participants they will receive the whole paper pack including the 12x12 stickers plus all the other embellishments - a really great deal for only $30/$27 (always cheaper if you are a Member of the Scrapbox Studio!)

And for those ladies who would like to make this LO for their boys, you can choose to have the 'Little Boy' Paper Pack Class Kit, also by Echo Park! It's awesome how the patterns are similar with boy themes and colours - easily adaptable to this LO!

Learn design techniques, how to work from a sketch - and how to make 2 pages from a 1 page LO - and how to use the new Sew Easy Tool from WR Memory Keepers!
The Class is this Thursday night, Feb 24th at 6pm - 9pm and we still have 2 spots left if anyone is interested - please call the store at 613-745-2215.

So the next thing on my creative to do list is to pick out the products for March's SCT 2 PG LO and work on the Art Journals I have in my possession.

As for playing around the home - new kitties! Midnight and Patches are the two new furry additions to our little house but we are all getting along just swimmingly. Pets are such stres relievers. I somehow forgot how much positive energy they bring to the home.

I hope you are all enjoying your 'Family Day'. We plan on spending time with friends and their little girls so wish us luck =)

Jenn